.

March 02, 2010

Back in the game!!!...???

Here's a quick update to get this thing rolling again. When I was in Arizona with Triabetes someone mentioned checking this blog and made me feel like I could start it again. I haven't raced in 16 months. Nope, nothing. I am a graduate student the the University of Oregon and I live in Eugene. I've had almost no time to train, and without my San Diego training buddies to get me out the door, I don't always efficiently use time I do have - lame. I'm registered as a member of both the Cycling team and the Triathlon team here at the U of O. I have a mental block about swimming indoors - because I was spoiled by three wonderful Masters workouts a day at UCSD's outdoor olympic-size pools and 12 hours of open lap swim - I have swum one time in the 8 months here. This is the first time in my life I haven't had speedo tan on my shoulder blades. I don't recognize my legs they are so white. 

I was most impressed with the Cycling team's organization and competitiveness, so I have been training with team members as often as possible - which isn't much. For the last 3 months I spent more than every-other weekend in Portland working on a project for school. This meant no weekend riding for me. 

Enough excuses.

The collegiate season starts in a week and a half in Boise, Idaho. Since my program is theoretically 18 months long, this season will be my only chance to race collegiately.
So...I'm getting the blog started again, to motivate myself and have a place to post photos and videos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Your blog only allows "teammates" to post comments. Rest assured, I am reading." - Jerry Nairn